Information for Our 2017 Forum
Education Commission of the States will be hosting its 2017 National Forum on Education Policy in San Diego on June 28-30 at the Hotel Del Coronado and registration is now open. Click here to go to our National Forum on Education Policy registration website where you will find information on the location, agenda, registration fees and more.
The 2017 agenda is packed full of timely and important sessions on the education policy topics important to you. Our 2017 plenary sessions will explore six key areas:
- School Choice: Examining the options, issues and outcomes.
- Achievement Gap: Keeping equity front and center.
- ESSA: Continuing to collaborate and learn from each other.
- Teaching and Leading: A look at key lessons learned in the field.
- Career Readiness: Preparing students for tomorrow’s jobs.
- Funding: Uncovering new opportunities.
Pivotal education leaders from across the states – governors, legislators, chief state school officers, higher education leaders, teachers and more – will convene to discuss transforming education policy and advancing student success. This unique, three-day event is full of opportunities for attendees to dive into the issues impacting education policy across the nation.
Resources from Our Past Forums
The 2016 National Forum on Education Policy was June 29-July 1 in Washington, D.C.
The 2015 National Forum on Education Policy in Denver, Colo. celebrated Education Commission of the States’ 50th anniversary of supporting state education leaders. More than 600 attendees enjoyed plenary sessions with renowned speakers like Pedro Noguera, panels on hot topics like assessment and standards, intimate concurrent sessions, and plenty of reception and networking opportunities!
- See the event program.
- Access the presentations and corresponding resources from the plenary and concurrent sessions.
- Watch videos of the plenary presentations.
- View the roster of attendees.
- See photos from the event.
For questions about the National Forum on Education Policy, please contact Antionette Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.