main
community
contact staff ecs twitter facebook

Document Number: 6230

Qualifications of Public Secondary School Biology Teachers, 1999-2000 - This Issue Brief reports the combination of certifications and majors and minors to which secondary-level biology students are exposed and how these qualifications vary across schools with differing levels of student poverty. About 60% of secondary students were taught by teachers with a postsecondary major or minor in biology, leaving about 40% who were taught by teachers considered out of field in terms of their postsecondary education. (National Center for Education Statistics, June 2005)...


Related Issues

Curriculum

 
Home  |  About ECS  |  Education Issues A-Z  | Research Studies  |  Reports & Databases  |  State Legislation  |  State Profiles  |  Projects & Institutes  |  Newsroom  |  Website User's Guide
700 Broadway, #810 Denver, CO 80203-3442
Phone: 303.299.3600 | Fax: 303.296.8332
 
©2014 Education Commission of the States
www.ecs.org | ecs@ecs.org
Read our privacy policy