main
community
contact staff ecs twitter facebook

Document Number: 8337

Next Step in Systems-Building: Early Childhood Advisory Councils and Federal Efforts to Promote Policy Alignment in Early Childhood - ECACs are designed to be different, with more influential governance structures and substantial funding that could help jump-start and improve policy alignment in the states. But they also present challenges for states, not least because they require a 70-30 percent match, with states required to fund 70 percent of the ECACís costs and federal dollars covering the other 30 percent. (New American Foundation, November 2009)...


Related Issues

P-3

 
Home  |  About ECS  |  Education Issues A-Z  | Research Studies  |  Reports & Databases  |  State Legislation  |  State Profiles  |  Projects & Institutes  |  Newsroom  |  Website User's Guide
700 Broadway, #810 Denver, CO 80203-3442
Phone: 303.299.3600 | Fax: 303.296.8332
 
©2014 Education Commission of the States
www.ecs.org | ecs@ecs.org
Read our privacy policy