Here are some key questions for policymakers to consider when looking at the quality of school and district leadership:
- What are the skills required of a high-quality school and district leader (principal, superintendent and school board member)?
- How should principals, superintendents and school boards be evaluated?
- What role should leaders play in the evaluation of other school and district staff?
- How can instructional leadership be evaluated?
- What rewards, incentives and sanctions should be associated with evaluation results?