Education Commission of the States is committed to supporting states with ESSA implementation. To contact a policy expert for assistance, please use the request assistance form or our chat feature.
Below are recently released ESSA resources. Please continue to check back as this page is updated frequently.
- ESSA: Mapping opportunities for the arts: This special report highlights the ways that states and districts can engage the arts in the ongoing work of ESSA.
- ESSA: Quick guides on top issues: This report provides insight into 10 key areas of ESSA that have prompted questions and concerns from education leaders and policymakers as they prepare to implement this new law.
- Collaborative Stakeholder Engagement: This report offers a framework for going beyond simply engaging stakeholders for input when creating a state plan for ESSA to collaborating with them to create shared goals and improved results.
- ESSA’s Well-Rounded Education: This report reviews the components of ESSA’s prevalent “well-rounded education” concept and potential ways that states can support educational access for every student under this new law.
- ESSA Resources: While not an exhaustive list, these resources will help states as they work to understand and implement the changes associated with the passage of ESSA.