We are closely monitoring 2018 policy action on several education issues and updating this database with pending, enacted and vetoed bills on an on-going basis.
Legislation we are monitoring from introduction includes bills related to:
- Need- and merit-based financial aid
- Postsecondary governance
- Career and technical education
- Dual enrollment
- Teacher certification and licensure
- Third grade reading policies
- P-3 governance
*Note: If you don’t see the topic you are looking for here, the State Education Policy Tracking database includes enacted and vetoed bills for hundreds of education policy issue/sub-issue areas.
Information can be filtered by state and/or issue and sub-issue.
- To filter by state: Click on a state on the map. Issues and sub-issues addressed in that state will display to the right of the map and a list of bills will appear below the map.
- To filter by issue and sub-issue: To the right of the map, click an issue area and then a sub-issue to display a list of relevant bills below the map. The map and bill list will reset to show only those states that have bills related to your choices.
- Scroll below the map for more tips and tricks.
After filtering the bills, use the arrows to the right of the bill titles in the bill list to get more information, including a link to the bill text. Do not use your browser’s back button to return to the map – use the “Return to Map” button at the top of the bill page. To reset the map, use the “reset” button (|←) at the bottom of the page.
- With your cursor on the map, click the magnifying glass and type a state name to go directly to that state.
- Zoom in or out using the + and – buttons.
- Hover over the arrow to:
- Zoom in to a chosen area
- Move the map
- Hold down the Ctrl button while clicking on states to choose multiple states.
- Hold down the Ctrl button to choose multiple issue areas or sub-issues.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Jennifer Thomsen (email@example.com).
PUBLISHED: January 24, 2018
RESOURCE TYPE: State Legislation