This data visualization provides top-level story lines about aspects of the varied and complex postsecondary governance landscapes in each state and the District of Columbia. It captures state governance ecosystems that consist of coordinating boards/agencies and governing boards, administrative/service agencies, advisory groups and membership organizations. This resource is intended to assist policy and education leaders in understanding postsecondary governance systems in their states and others.
- State Profiles: Click here to view individual state profiles detailing all data points, current through March 1, 2019.
- 50-State Comparison: Click here to access all data elements across all states, current through March 1, 2019.
- States Move to Restructure Their Postsecondary Governance Systems
- Shaking Up the Decision-Making Channels in Postsecondary Education
- State Policy Leadership for the Future: History of state coordination and governance and alternatives for the future
- Postsecondary Governance Structures (2007)
PUBLISHED: March 5, 2019
RESOURCE TYPE: Data Visualization